We’ve often been approached by people with an interest in computer repairs and have lost count of the number of resumes sent in to us. One thing that always stands out is when someone has completed an IT Traineeship.
IT Traineeships are a great way to complete a course in IT as well as gain experience in the industry. They are usually between 12 months and 24 months in duration.There are a few courses that can be done as a traineeship including the Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology, Certificate IV in Information Technology Support and Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking. Some of the areas covered in these courses include:
- Installing and managing a server
- Configuring a desktop environment
- Building a small wireless local area network
- Installing, configuring and testing network security
- Selecting cloud storage strategies
- Installing hardware to a network
- Installing, configuring and securing a small office or home network
- Performing basic computer repairs
- Installing and configuring virtual machines
- Installing, operating and troubleshooting a small enterprise branch network
- Performing laptop and PC virus removal
- Installing, configuring and testing routers
- Completing database backups and restores
- Supporting users and troubleshooting desktop applications
- Configuring and troubleshooting operating systems
- Connecting and repairing hardware peripherals
- Installing and configuring printers and other hardware
- Backing up data and transferring data to other storage devices
If you’re interested in computer repairs and have not yet completed a qualification or started working in the industry, we highly recommend completing a traineeship. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in the IT industry.
When looking for trainees, we always advertise on Apprentice Match. If you’re looking for a traineeship in computer repairs, we highly recommend you register your details on their website as you’ll be kept up to date with any vacancies that match what you’re looking for.